As the cases of COVID-19 rising rapidly in India, the Ministry of Ayush, as well as our Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has advised taking this traditional Ayurvedic Kadha which is made up of herbs and spices that helps to boost and improve your immune system.
Now, you might be wondering what Kadha is, well Kadha is an Ayurvedic drink which cures cough, sore throat, cold and is now helping cures COVID-19. did I mention, it is loaded with antioxidants?
Kadha can be prepared by using herbs and spices like:
Cinnamon stick: Loaded with antioxidants and has Anti-Inflammatory properties.
Cloves: Has powerful antioxidants which helps to boost our immunity.
Cardamoms: Protects from Chronic diseases and fights Inflammation AKA it has anti-inflammatory effects.
Bay leaf: For flavouring.
Black pepper: Antibacterial in nature and the best exfoliators.
Jaggery: Acts as a detox, as it helps cleanse out toxins from the body.
Ginger: Ginger fills energy in the body and helps to relieve from loss of appetite, motion sickness, cough, cold etc.
Turmeric: Has strong anti-inflammtory properties.
Tulsi leaves: Well, everyone knows that it has anti-inflammatory properties which help lower inflammation also it soothes fever, headache, sore throat, cold, cough, flu etc.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
- Another important thing, drink this kadha after breakfast or in the evening. DO NOT drink on an empty stomach as it will cause acidity.
- 2 cups of Kadha a day is sufficient for adults and for kids, 2 tbsp would be enough.
Drink this Kadha twice a day for immunity. though, Don’t expect the results of this kadha by overnight. As Anthony Robbins once said, consistency is the key. Hence, to reap the benefits of kadha, you need to be consistent.
Anyway, let’s learn how to make this Kadha!
- 700 ml Water
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 4 Cloves
- 2 Cardamoms
- 1 Small bay leaf
- 7-8 Black pepper (coarsely crushed)
- 2 tbsp Jaggery
- 2 inch Grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 10 Tulsi leaves (holy basil)
- In a saucepan. add 3 cups (700 ml) water.
- Turn the flame to medium.
- Steep a broken cinnamon stick, 4 cloves, 2 cardamoms, a small bay leaf, 6-7 coarsely crushed black pepper (Do not use black pepper powder), 2 tbsp Jaggery, 2 inches grated ginger, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 10 Tulsi leaves.
- Boil until tender.
- Turn the flame to low and cover the saucepan for 10 mins and simmer it.
- Strain the kadha while using a strainer.
- Add honey if you want before consuming it.
- Serve Kadha immediately.
STEPS TO MAKE KADHA
In a saucepan. add 3 cups (700 ml) water. Turn the flame to medium and steep a broken cinnamon stick, 4 cloves, 2 cardamoms, a small bay leaf, 6-7 coarsely crushed black pepper (Do not use black pepper powder), 2 tbsp Jaggery, 2 inches grated ginger, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 10 Tulsi leaves. Boil until tender.
Afterwards, turn the flame to low and cover the saucepan for 10 mins and simmer it. Strain the kadha while using a strainer. Add honey if you want before consuming it.
Serve Kadha immediately.
WATCH THIS VIDEO ON HOW EASY IT IS TO MAKE KADHA AT HOME!
HUNGRY? click here for more awesome recipes!!